Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Book Fifteen


8/5/2008 – Twilight by Stephanie Meyer **
Why: Everybody is doing it.
First Impressions: I knew that this would be the book to get me out of my slump. It worked. I finished the book in two days. I was initially embarrassed to have the book with me in public despite the fact that a million other adults are reading it too. This book is not the next Harry Potter. Not even close. It’s Sweet Valley High with a dark side.
Emotions Felt: Anger at Bella and the author that her character was such an insipid, love sick fool. I couldn’t get into the romance and that Bella would compromise her life wanting Edward to turn her into a vampire. I think the action towards the end of the book would make a great movie though. Jury is still out.
Any Remaining Questions: Wishing that Jacob had played more of a part in Book One. Hoping that he does in Book Two and that Meyer develops a compelling character. Not sure that Book Two is worth my time or my money though. What is the deal with Rosalie? And what are they going to do with Bella after her senior year?
Who Would Like This Book: not very cultured teenagers and those who have not seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer which is much, much better

No comments:

Post a Comment