Sunday, August 8, 2010

my favorite one in a long while.

This is a trilogy I can actually get behind (vs. Twilight & The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo).  A book that totally consumed me and seemed completely novel and unique.  This book should even capture the attention of my 17 yo nephew who hates to read (gasp!) and much prefers audio books.

Normally I am on top of book phenomenons and internet crazes but I feel a bit behind on the Hunger Games series.  My friend Kate reviewed it recently on her blog so I'll refer to her spot on comments:

Kate's Review

I am now racing through the second book and eager for book three (Mockingjay) to release on August 24th.  I would love, love to see Suzanne Collins at Wild Rumpus on Friday, October 1st but may be otherwise occupied at home. Drat!

Info on Suzanne Collins Event

I love when good books find the shelf at just the right time.  Cure your book slump, encourage blanket reading in the dog days of August. 

This book was a winner! 

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were reading this too! I was surprised by how much I liked it. Glad you liked it too. I don't have time to get to 2 or 3 yet this summer, but hope to after the crush of the beginning of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was thinking of having this on the list for book club for our next meeting. Glad to hear you liked it. I'll keep it off the list and just read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... never heard of it, but I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete