Sunday, March 14, 2010

the lukewarm one.

I have been dying to read The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.  And now that I've read it, I'm not even sure what to say.  The book was confusing and it didn't have to be.  Just trying to understand the plot took away from reveling in the beauty of the characters.  If it weren't for old man Leo, I would have put the book on the shelf days ago. 

This seems to be a popular book attracting those that enjoyed Time Travelers's Wife and flocked to the  movie Julie and Julia.  The novel has a very devoted following.  Just hoping that someone who loved the novel can help me understand.  My brain is a muddied mess after reading the last page.

ho-hum.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! It's on my nightstand and I just haven't fallen in love. I hope to get to it...sometime.

    ReplyDelete