Monday, April 5, 2010

the one I didn't pick

I am in a book slump that only Anna Quindlen can save.   Thanks be that she is coming to MN and launching a new book April 13th.  And yes, I will be first in line.

The Outlander by Gil Adamson was picked by Diane in my Stillwater Book Club.  A woman who normally has exquisite taste in books.  We all pick duds sometimes.

The only good thing to say about the novel is that it has a pretty cover.  Matt almost picked it up recently at BNoble because of his pretty cover theory.  Let's just say that I will continue to pick the books around here.  I mean, really.  It's true what they say about never judging a book by its cover, you know?

This was a book about a women who killed her husband and runs off into the Wild West in a state of despair and madness.  I skipped paragraphs at a time and annoyed my husband endlessly with exclamations of "I hate this book." I didn't throw it across the room but I certainly thought about it.
 
Bring on Anna!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun buying the book tomorrow. You'll have to let me know how she was last week!

    ReplyDelete