Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the one that is a classic.

Pride and Prejudice.  Finished.  This already feels like my best year of reading EVER and now.

What I like about the book: I learned so many new words.  The Kindle is incredible if you are curious about definitions and such.  My brain felt like it was expanding at every click.  Also, the characters are delectable.  That nasty Wickham and insipid Lydia made me cranky.

What I don't care for:  how incredibly boring life was - balls and drawing rooms and parasols.  It's hard to imagine such idle days and it was difficult to delight in their idleness and catty talk during the first few chapters.





p.s.  I plan to watch the movie version. 
I never have.  Aghast.  I understand the Colin Firth adaptation is supreme.  Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I like the Lizzy in the BBC version better than the A&E (aka the Colin Firth) version. But Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy, so any other just isn't the same. I own them both, if you want to borrow...

    ReplyDelete