Thursday, August 11, 2011

the one that has me moving to Paris.

I know, I know . . . . another Paris book.  So cliche.

But there really is something about French culture that appeals and (at times) repels.  I love how French girls consider their skin to be so pristine and "enjoy the physical and emotional value of unfettered, ritualized body care."  I love how they eat cheese as dessert, never the appetizer.  I love how birthdays are simple, at-home affairs with little old cakes and a single present.

They're serious those French gals though.  They know their current events and they would never get caught watching Real Housewives.  Too many museums to hit & ballets to attend.

Here's the thing.  I didn't even like being in Paris.  It scared me a little.  But it also inspired me.  I aspire to "bien dans sa peau" or "to feel good in one's skin." At ease in body and soul.  One day I'll get there . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment