Thursday, August 11, 2011

the one that reminded me of Harvard

Granted, I am a college counselor . . . but this book (Crazy U) by Andrew Ferguson was AWESOME.  Everything I learned at the Harvard Institute on College Admissions two summers ago was detailed in this book.  I wish I could put this book in the hands of every junior parent preparing for an empty nest.  I wish I would have written the book.  Part research, part memoir.  Better than your average prep book.

College admissions is (for lack of a better term) insane.  It's an industry and there is deception and drama and so much money.  I get nervous when I think how expensive college will be for Maren someday and then I realize that education is changing and fast.  It's just too hard to predict what lies ahead.

Is college the next bubble to burst?  Hmmmm . . . makes for an interesting read.

p.s. yes, I'm very sad that I will be starting a "book diet" next week when I head back to work. boo.  hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment