Tuesday, May 8, 2012

the one I read in 2012.














What a ridiculous drought.  Learning how to be a literate working mom is no easy gig.  I just realized that my last post was in August 2011.  And while I've been sporadically digging into the pages and posting on Goodreads, I'm not finding the same kind of joy in reading.  I can't sit still and I can't get consumed by words.  When I can't even get into an Anna Quindlen memoir, something is terrible wrong.

Intervention needed stat.


I read Behind the Beautiful Forevers for my book club.  The book was amazing but deserved a bit more attention from me to truly appreciate.  We had a most insightful discussion around issues of poverty and the world beyond the United States.

I am determined to come back to the book this summer.

There's been a whole lot of llama, llama around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment