Thursday, December 11, 2008

Book Twenty Five


12/11/2008 – Loving Frank by Nancy Horan**
Why: Heard about it all over (Red Balloon recommended)
Emotions Felt: anger at Mamah for leaving her children and claiming feminism as a cause. Astonishment at the ending and hard to believe it actually happened.
Remaining Questions: Really, did it really happen at the end? What happened to Frank Lloyd & Edwin Cheney afterwards. I’d like to visit Taliesen sometime if it has been rebuilt.
Quotes: none to recall
Who Would Like This Book: good, diverse book clubs for discussion. I did not like it nearly as much as the reviews have but acknowledge it as a quick read and interesting discussion of Frank Lloyd Wright, a man I knew nothing about. I have to say I thought both Mamah and Frank Lloyd incredibly selfish. I just couldn’t stand them unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment