Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Book Four


3/19/2008 – Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner *
Why: picked by Kelly for the Vanaheim book club. Her first pick so we felt we should honor her suggestion. I can’t imagine why she wanted to read it.
First Impressions: Easy, chick lit. Embarrassed to be reading the book in public
Emotion felt: Scared about being pregnant. Finding it hard to imagine myself in any of the characters or imagine Matt in any of the characters either. Instead of feeling that motherhood is blissful, it made me feel like motherhood is a nightmare.
Favorite Character: I didn’t like the Lia character or Alinde. Becky & Kelly seemed real to me but the others did not. Although I couldn’t entirely relate, I liked the character of Mimi. She was an absolute terror.
Any Remaining Questions: I want to ask my friends a number of questions but I’m not sure hearing their experience will help me. I get the impression that you can’t possibly know until you do. I’m also not sure they would all be honest. Will be an interesting book club, I’m thinking.
Favorite Quote: When Ayinde’s son Julian has heart issues and they find a hole in his heart, the doctor responds with something like: people survive a lot worse. I liked the overall message that everyone leads a messy, complicated life.
Who Would Like This Book: people who don’t read very often and are interested in kids. I’m still a little embarrassed that I read it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment