Friday, July 17, 2009

Book Eighteen


Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is significant for many reasons in the Harry Potter series but most and for all because Albus Dumbledore kicks the bucket. This is not a spoiler because simply everyone knows that Dumbledore dies. Excepting of course, my husband, who refuses to read the books. I remember when I first read the ending of the Half Blood Prince that tears streamed from my face. I was so sad for Harry and had an ominous feeling about the next book.

Although the ending of Half Blood Prince is spectacular, the rest of the book reveals its secrets as well. We learn about apparating & horcruxes. The sixth year students begin to fall in love. And Harry Potter learns that what ultimately holds Lord Voldemort apart from Harry himself is the ability to love. Chapter 23 is an excellent recap for those that need a reminder of this notion. Oh and in case I forget, yet again, the Half Blood Prince is Snape.

So many questions yet to be answered: Who is REB? Where will Harry find the remaining 4 Horcruxes? Will Ginny & Ron finally get together? Was Dumbledore wrong to trust Severus Snape? I think I'm ready for the movie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment