Sunday, May 9, 2010

the one that was supposed to inspire cooking.

I haven't been this enmeshed with the library since I was a teenager.  Currently, I have 10 books checked out from Washington County.  I am there almost daily.  I couple my visits with a mini ice cream cone from Cups and Scoops (located in the same building).  I needed to restrain from ice cream on Saturday b/c I was afraid the cashier might think I actually have a problem.

I do have a problem.  I keep reading blogger books.  This one, The Art of Eating In: How I Learned to Stop Spending and Love the Stove, sounded inspiring.  And the beginning really was.  I think I could save a bundle of money by cooking at home.  I do have a desire to bake bread and raise chickens.  But, she really lost me about a hundred pages in.  There wasn't any meat in the book (figuratively, that is.)

A much better book is Molly Wizenburg's A Homemade Life.

And yet, I'll probably still keep listening to Cathy Erway's podcast b/c I'm awed by anyone that can write a book at the age of 24.  And I really need to learn how to cook.  Nightly.  More power to her.

1 comment: