Sunday, September 5, 2010

the one movie I can't wait to see.

I just finished Mockingjay and have to say that I. Loved. It.  Katniss is so real to me.  I get aggravated by her whining (at times) but I adore her stubborn streak.  I can't wait to see her on the big screen!

I listened to an interview with Suzanne Collins on the NYT book podcast.  Turns out she is a screenwriter.  I think that helps explain why her books are so all consuming and action packed.  She has helped write the screenplay for the movie that will begin production in January 2011.  Here's hoping that it will do the books justice and not glorify the violence the book is meant to critique.

There is a lot of heart to this trilogy and Suzanne takes risks making analogies between modern day society and her country of Panem.  I'm an unabashed fan of what Ms. Collins has done with her work.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! We'll have to make a group outing of the movies. Maybe even join all the inevitable hyped up premieres. Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read Catching Fire last night, and all I want to do is get to Mockingjay. Alas, preparing for class is getting in the way. Next weekend...

    Lots of good thoughts being sent your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'll be in line for the movies too. It's a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. told ya! For once - I knew about a book before you did

    ReplyDelete