Tuesday, July 6, 2010

the one I read today.

Another library pick from the self help shelf:
The Power of Purpose by Richard Leider

Not much to say about this one.  With a baby on the way and my occupation on pause, finding purpose will be a theme for me this year.  Finding something so powerful in life that I might be willing to give up almost anything to discover it.  This book didn't transform my ideas but more set the stage.

Some favorite quotes:
"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy". 
George Bernard Shaw

And I do love the quote from Marianne Williamson (too long to copy here but WONDERFUL).
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure . . . . your playing small doesn't serve the world."

I so want to be thoroughly worn out.  No longer physically or emotionally but spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment