Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Maren's Christmas Present


I started a tradition this year of giving Maren a very special book at Christmas time.

One that I have chosen very carefully and that she'll keep in a box for years and years to come. Or, at least, until she thinks that the tradition is bunk and discards them :)

This year I gifted a gorgeous collection of Hans Christian Anderson's fairy tales. Because now is a time for magic and wonder.

I've already purchased next year's book. Gyo Fujikawa's Mother Goose.  I love her gorgeous illustrations.  This book will help me remember the nursery rhymes I really should know.  Humpty Dumpty and all that.

Now if I was really getting ahead of myself, I would pick up one of the Puffin Books children's classics for sale.  They just happen to be at my fav store Anthropologie.  Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden, Peter Pan.  How does one decide?

Restraint, Jen.  Seriously.  She can't even read yet.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely tradition! Santa brought Nora Gyo Fujikawa's Baby Animals in her stocking this year. Yes, the illustrations are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. There are really worst things.
    And the bakers twine is from amazon. I have enough for the rest of my life.
    And no bumbo or exersaucer. Sorry. I forgot we put the exersaucer on the curb and someone took it and I have no idea where the bumbo is. Shoot. Try Kerry, though.
    I started reading on the Kindle last night. I'm going through a transition period, but I think I'll like it!:)

    ReplyDelete