Monday, January 10, 2011

the one by Magda Gerber.

I'm on a roll in 2011.  I've promised to read fewer and fewer baby books.  But here we go again. 

Just finished Your Self Confident Baby by Magda Gerber on my Kindle.  This woman rocks in the same way that Ina Gaskin does.  Magda *and I LOVE the name Magda.  Next dog!* gives common sense advice.  She abhors the use of all these crazy containers we put kids in (highchairs, bouncy things, walkers, etc.)  She thinks we are "hurrying up" this generation of kids and not letting them do what babies do best.  Put them on their back and let them problem solve. 

I love parenting advice that basically states: get out of their way!  Wait, observe, listen . . .

A small update on the sleep literature I read.  Turns out we are a CIO family.  Lots of tears last night!

Now on to some adult reading.

(small clause: I did promise Heidi I'd read Instinctive Parenting.  One more!)

2 comments:

  1. Really, you are a CIO family? Please tell me how it goes. We're still working on a good night's sleep. I have to start much sooner on this sleep thing, if I have another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never hear of CIO! Ha! And I need to check out Intuitive Parenting. Mmm. The other one I love is Simplicity Parenting.
    And I tried to have a subscription on my blog. I'm not sure if it will work so I'll test it first.

    ReplyDelete