Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the one Heidi recommended.

I liked this book.  Although I feel funny putting it next to Wuthering Heights on my bookshelf.

More chapters to add: the daycare dilemma.  when to start solid foods?  to sippy cup or NOT to sippy cup?  Am I depriving my child the "exersaucer experience" by not buying her one?  Perhaps I am such a klutz in the kitchen because I didn't get that Easybake Oven I so dearly wanted?

So much controversy.  And now for cripes sake, the "tiger mother" declares that Chinese parenting is superior.  No sleepovers for Maren, I guess.

Amy Chua article

Will it never end?  This is the last parenting book I'm reading for awhile.  With the extra time, I'm going to start a daily yoga routine with Maren at home.  AND we'll be heading to Red Balloon storytime now that we've graduated from the New Parent group at Woodwinds Hospital. 

That's what my instincts are telling me anyways . . .

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Just don't be a tiger mother. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I don't think you enjoyed it as much as I did, but thanks for reading:) Yoga w/ wee one? Do you have a book? Wish I knew how.

    ReplyDelete