Monday, January 3, 2011

yet another one about Paris.

I just finished Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. The novel is set in France and follows two stories. The Vel'd'Hiv round-up of Jewish citizens in Paris and surrounding suburbs. And a Parisian American woman coming to grips with a failed marriage.

I liked this novel and read it in two days flat! I would recommend it, esp if you liked the Guernsey book that so many of us have read.

This isn't fine literature but for some reason WWII and the Holocaust have an absolute hold over me.  I'm struck each time by the sorrow and how such a thing could come to be.  And so, any page that helps us remember, helps uncover such tragedy . . . Worthwhile in my book.

Have you read this one? Let's talk . . .

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...I feel a little OD'ed on wwII, but I'll keep this in mind. I'm in Kindle love, too.

    ReplyDelete