Friday, January 28, 2011

the precocious one.

Matt asked me what in the WORLD I was reading the other day.  I held a borrowed book that was torn, had a funky smell and a 80's style author bio on the back.  I told him "Rosie" and that I needed to HURRY it up because there's a long waiting list at the library for this book.

Anne Lamott is beloved by so many.  I love her too.  For living in Marin County, for creating such exquisite characters and for not shying away from the tough stuff (in this case, alcoholism and pedophilia).  She balances the subject matter well with kid hijinks & adult squabbling.

Rosie is the cutest, most devilish little child to grace the page in awhile.  I loved her temper tantrums.  I liked this book! but the ending caught me off guard.  It came on too fast and was a little too neat for my liking.   That said, I will totally read Crooked Little Heart and Imperfect Birds.

Is there a better way to spend a cold January day, really?

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE READING LIKE A MAD WOMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, what she said! You're making me feel like a failure! ;) Glad you liked Rosie. I'll be interested in hearing what you think of the next installments. (Just don't tell me you've got them both read by Monday morning!)

    ReplyDelete